HBO Max is one of the renowned streaming services. It includes HBO’s entire library of movies and TV shows, as well as a wide variety of additional content.
That’s why it costs $14.99/month (19.05 CAD) and can be used by up to five people at the same time, each with their own unique user profile.
While that’s a good deal, canceling your HBO Max service is as simple as using your Mac, PC, iPhone/iPad, or Android device. To cancel HBO Max, here’s a step-by-step guide. But before you cancel, make sure you watch all the best HBO Max movies and shows.
How to Cancel HBO Max on the Website
- The first step is to go to the HBO Max website and click on your name in the upper right corner.
- Select Subscription from the menu that appears.
- The “Manage Subscription” button can be found on the left side of the page.
- You’ll see another window open up. “Cancel Subscription” can be found on the right-hand side of the page.
- The reason for your cancellation should be specified. It makes no difference which one you pick.
- Click on the button “Yes, Cancel Subscription”.
- Confirm the subscription’s expiration date on the confirmation page. There’s also the chance to resume/reactivate your subscription.
How to Cancel HBO Max in the Mobile App
- Open the HBO Max app and tap the account icon in the lower right corner.
- Make sure to tap the Settings gear icon in the upper left corner of your account page.
- Under “Settings,” select Subscription.
- Tap “Manage Subscription” on the following screen.
- Tap “Cancel Subscription” on the new screen.
- Select the reason for your decision to cancel the subscription. You have the option to be truthful or arbitrary.
- Tap “Yes, Cancel Subscription”.
- Ensure that you have canceled your subscription and also check the expiration date. The subscription can be resumed if you change your mind.
How to Cancel HBO Max through your Cable Provider
- The first step is to log in to the HBO Max website.
- In the upper right corner, click on the name of your account.
- Click Subscription.
- Make sure you know the name of your service provider.
- You can cancel your HBO Max subscription by calling or visiting the website of your subscription provider.
- Your HBO Max account is almost certainly linked to an HBO subscription you pay for through a cable or satellite provider. It’s possible that canceling HBO Max will necessitate also terminating HBO.
How to Cancel HBO Max on a computer (Desktop)
Here’s how to cancel HBO Max on your Mac or Windows PC if you prefer to manage your subscriptions this way.
- HBOMAX.com is where you should go. If you haven’t already, sign in at the top right of the home page by clicking Sign In. To access your profile, log in and click the profile icon (top-right).
- Click Billing Information on the next screen, then Manage Subscription. Choose Cancel Subscription.
- A list of HBO service providers can be found by clicking Learn More if the Manage Subscription option is unavailable. Once you’ve selected your service provider, follow the onscreen instructions to cancel your subscription.
How to Cancel HBO Max via App (Android & iOS)
Using the HBO Max app, you can cancel your subscription to the service. There are no differences in the instructions between mobile and tablet platforms, but the images displayed are from the mobile app.
- The Profile icon button can be found by opening the HBO Max app and then tapping it. On mobile devices, the Profile icon can be found on the bottom edge, while on tablets, it can be found on the left edge.
- Go to “Settings” (upper left corner on the Profile menu screen).
- Choose Subscription and then tap Manage Subscription in the next screen.
- After that, you’ll be taken to your account on a web browser by the app. Then click Cancel Subscription.
- Feedback will be solicited in the form of a question. Tap Yes, Cancel Subscription to confirm the cancellation.
Keep in mind that the subscription will run out at some point. Streaming will be available to you until the end of your current billing cycle.
How to Cancel HBO Max on Hulu
Hulu and HBO Max can be purchased as a package deal. In spite of the fact that the prices haven’t changed, the cancellation process has been altered slightly. Here’s how to cancel your Hulu-based HBO Max subscription.
- Visit hulu.com/account for more information. If you haven’t already done so, you’ll need to sign in.
- In the Your Subscriptions section, click on Manage Plan to change your subscription.
- It’s time to uncheck HBO Max from the list, then click Review Changes to finalize it. That’s it.
How to Cancel HBO Max on Roku
- Use your Roku remote to select the app of HBO Max on your device and then press the button of star.
- Select Manage Subscription > Cancel Subscription from the options menu.
- Select Manage Account > Manage Subscriptions > Active Subscriptions > and select Cancel subscription next to HBO Max from my.roku.com to end your subscription.
How to Cancel HBO Max on Amazon?
- Sign in to your account of Amazon from a browser to go to the page of the Amazon Appstore subscription.
- Turn off HBO Max’s auto-renewal by going to Your apps > Digital content and devices > Manage > Your Subscriptions.
- Go to amazon.com/myac and select Your Channels > Cancel Channel next to HBO Max to cancel your subscription.
How to Cancel HBO Max Free Trial
Free Trials can be canceled the same way as regular subscriptions if they are still available. However, HBO Max’s Free Trial is no longer available because it was discontinued. Perhaps the promotion will return. In addition, there are still free trials available on other platforms, such as YouTube TV.
- Make sure you’re aware of when your next bill is due. Immediately after your seven-day free trial, HBO Max automatically renews for another month. You won’t be charged for the following month if you cancel within a couple of days of your next billing cycle.
- It is possible to cancel mid-month and keep streaming for the rest of the month.
- Your HBO Max subscription will resume even if you remove the app. You can be charged as usual if you don’t follow the above steps properly.
It’s easy to cancel your HBO Max subscription, but you must know which method to use based on the device you’re using to do so. On the web, canceling is different from canceling via your mobile phone app or Hulu and the cable provider.
Make sure you’re not just deleting the app when you try to cancel the subscription. Before the next billing cycle, if you don’t want to be charged, go through the process.